Even without a heavy night on a Saturday, I am rarely up and about as early as this on a Sunday morning, so it really is quite a surprise to be sat at my computer at not long after 10 musing over a blog post. Last night was my work summer ball, followed by more drinks and dancing in Bristol until the wee small hours, so naturally I feel like I might die today and am vowing never to drink again. You know the score. Anyway, I’m conscious that once again I’ve been neglecting my blog a bit recently – I’ve just been so damn busy. I haven’t had a completely free weekend since July, and don’t have one coming until late September, so when I am at home, it’s been more about catching up on sleep and housework (in that order) than writing. So anyway, here’s a little round-up of the last week, with a few bits and pieces from recent weeks thrown in too.
* A £469.70 tax refund. That’s my holiday at the end of the year paid for then. Thanks, HMRC!
* Joining the dark side.
*A new running playlist, and the motivation it can provide during those dark times on a weekend 6-miler.
* The nice feeling that comes from spending weekends catching up with old friends and meeting new ones.
* Jägerbombs. Why do I keep doing it to myself?
* Work banter. Endless work banter. If I was smart enough to convert what goes on into stand-up material, it’d be a hit, I’m sure.
* Being so, so glad that I chose to spend £500 on a camera. The memories I have created already are so worth it. I just need to teach Dan to use it, so that I can appear in a few more!
* Speaking of Dan… I know I tease, but he really is the boss. Any man that stays up waiting for a summons to pick his lady up from town really is a keeper.
* Season 1 of Cougar Town. Well done Courtney Cox!
* Charity bike race at Thruxton. Lots of money raised for Mencap, lots of camping fun, and the chance to see my area manager painted blue. All for a good cause!
* In other work-related fun… The aforementioned summer ball. Wowee.
* Driving home late, on myown, yelling along to ‘Can’t Stop’ by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Now there’s a throwback to being 16.
* Legally Blonde: The Musical. My dislike of the musical genre is pretty well documented, but I’m happy to report that my recent trip to the Bristol Hippodrome was top class. A perfect girly night out with Mama Thorne and Little Sister!
* Croquet on a weekend in Wiltshire. That’s how I roll.