babysitting, birthday, bristol 10k, british style bloggers, family, food, friends, june, las vegas, may, pampering, quarter-life crisis, spaghetti hoops, sunday snapshot, the apprentice, twitter, work
Hey! So I’m back. Blogging as a hobby, while tremendously good fun, can be a difficult one to maintain sometimes. Things can just get in the way sometimes, and May was one of those months, full of them. But I’m determined to persevere with this venture. Despite my absence, I have continued to read all the fabulous blogs that inspire me, and you have all shown me time and again how to get the work/life/blog balance right. You are all my heroines.
So, this bumper ‘Sunday snapshot’ is a round up of the month of May, as well as the last week of my life.
* Perusing the Sunday Times 2011 Rich List in search of a husband.
* Babysitting a real life human baby child for a whole night, and it going without a hitch!
* “I fully expect you to call me from the etap at 1am, crying and not sure what happened.”
* Apprentice fever. Every week, without fail.
* Catching up with good friends, and eating good food!
* “If you’re only earning basic, you’re basically a…”
* Sometimes you just need to stay up late and listen to the tunes.
* Finding actual evidence that I am having a quarter-life crisis.
* Completing the Bristol 10k – more on this soon!
* Getting back behind British Style Bloggers – so happy to be back in business!
* Spending a whole weekend pretending to be 17 again, and feeling knackered afterwards. For days.
* Tha Daniel Barton Twice-Yearly Wardrobe Upgrade (workwear division).
* SAD SLUG.
* Thai feasts and dance-offs with Donna and Guy. That’s how you roll on a Bank Holiday weekend!
* Zumba with Little Sister. Please come home for the summer soon Lu!
* A pedi from Penny. Thank you, lovely people at The Edge!
* Presents from the USA – thanks Mama Thorne!
* I reached 10,000 tweets. Woah.
* A night drinking in the old local, the related hilarity, and the lack of hangover due to electing to be ‘Des’.
* My Grand Tour of Area 19 continues…
* Dan turns 25. No escaping the mid-twenties bracket now, buddy!
* Eating more spaghetti hoops than is normal for an adult.