Wouldn’t it be nice to think that this fabulous sunshine we’ve been enjoying would stay with us until sometime in September? Since the arrival of the longer days and the brighter weather, I have seen a definite improvement in my mood, further evidence that I am definitely a mild S.A.D sufferer. Walking to work has become that much more enjoyable and I am far more inclined to pull on my running shoes when I get home if it’s still light outside! I am already starting to dream of pub gardens and picnics, although with this being my first summer of proper full-time work, such escapades won’t perhaps be as spontaneous as they might once have been. Never mind, hopefully I shall just appreciate them more when good weather and free time magically come together!
Here’s my little round-up of the last seven days:
* Huw Stephens‘ weekend afternoon show on Radio 1. It provided an excellent soundtrack to our cross-country drive this afternoon. Not a dud track in sight!
* Going running just as the sun starts to set. Much cooler, and so beautiful!
* Punting on the Cam in a maxidress. I was quite good at it as well: a double triumph.
* Home-made chilli con carne on a Sunday evening.
* Daiquiris, Vaultinis, Fruit Pastels and Hurricanes at The Vaults in Cambridge. Hello, hangover!
* The continuation of my 10k training, and the triumph that comes from gradually increasing my speed from ‘old-lady-shuffle’ to ‘normal human jogging pace’.
* Surviving the end of the old/beginning of the new tax year without any major stresses and just the one 7am start.
* Getting rid of clothes that I bought less than a year ago because they are now way too big to salvage…
*… And replacing them with some gorgeous new ones!
* Catching up with friends from university… Two in one week!
* Cracking out the self-tanning moisturiser to try and take my skin from ‘see-through-blue’ to something a little less frightening.
* The start of my LOVEFiLM subscription, and the joy it’s bringing. My list is getting seriously long!