What a well-rounded sort of weekend I’ve had. Aside from the little ink blot that is working on a Saturday morning, this weekend has mainly been about spending time with family, lying on the couch watching boxsets and going for a good hearty walk in the countryside. Prior to that, this last week has been a quiet one, in the way that the first working week of the new year often is – doesn’t Christmas feel like a long time ago?
* My return to Zumba, and the inevitable pain that follows.
* Unexpected days off in the middle of the week – certainly did wonders for ‘first-week-back syndrome’.
* Freecycling – and the nice feeling that it creates.
* Spending time with the other special man in my life – Dan’s three-year-old nephew, Alfie. Last night we attended a family party, and he was the perfect guest, first on the dancefloor and willing to clear up after the buffet. Plus, he was wearing a Stones t-shirt: how awesome?
* Catching up with Kav on the phone, and having a ‘confidence conference’.
* Boxsets. As always. This week, it has been 30 Rock season one and Family Guy season nine.
* Finally, a lovely Sunday walk at Woodchester Park in Gloucestershire. A nineteenth-century Gothic mansion that was begun but never completed, I couldn’t believe that I had lived essentially down the road from this place my entire life and had no idea! The house itself is closed during the winter, but the grounds were the perfect place to stretch our legs on a beautifully sunny Sunday. Here are a couple of photos that I took of the house and grounds:
Hope you all had a fabulous weekend!