This week’s snapshot makes it’s way to you from my sofa at home, suffering from a hangover of student proportions. My birthday week has been an absolute cracker, and culminated in a night of party food and politically incorrect drinking games at my house last night. As a result, I think I might be dying. I did manage to get dressed for long enough to have friends round for lunch, but almost as soon as they had left, I was in my pyjamas and wallowing in self-pity. Not to worry though, I trust that I can still deliver this post to you without passing out over the keyboard.
* BIRTHDAY! I quite like that I am still at the stage in my life where I actually look forward to birthdays, and can still justify spreading out the celebration of them to several days. My 23rd has been no exception. I have taken a well-earned long weekend off from Slimming World and have been in a food-and-drink-coma pretty much non-stop. Chinese, Italian, party food… You name it, I’ve probably eaten it. I’ve also lots of lovely presents and cards, and have been well and truly spoiled.
* The news that I will be heading to the Clothes Show Live next weekend for the first time ever, with a press pass! So excited to see what it’s all about as well as spending some time with some of the amazing British Style Bloggers team!
* Emily Teague‘s beautiful album. I can claim the honour of having worked with her whilst she was figuring out what to do after her degree and I was deciding whether or not to do mine. I’m so glad she decided to go with the music!
* New patterned tights from H&M. Snazzy legs!
* Purchasing my first EVER pair of skinny jeans (Topshop Kristens, if you must know). Up to now I’ve always looked a bit strange in them, but since dropping a bit of weight, I look far more proportioned and felt confident enough to buy a pair!
* Having flowers delivered to work
* Patriotic homeware in the form of my new Union Jack sofa cushion. Just lusting after a ‘Keep Calm And Carry On’ one now!
* Getting mail – unless it’s a bill. This week of course, it’s mainly been birthday cards – the best kind of post! My recommendation would be to go for e-bills where you can, so that when something does land on your doormat, it’s far more likely to be something welcome!